The Worst Film Ever
A Major Disappointment
Although it has its amusing moments, in eneral the plot does not convince.
This story has more twists and turns than a second-rate soap opera.
Brutal just brutal to watch. Don't mind a decent western but good Lord. Hopefully movie didn't go over budget. And for the folks who actually paid a ticket... ouch.
I am seeing a lot of negative reviews for this film on here and I must say I am puzzled. This was a high action remake that in many ways was better then the original. Let me say first that the orig. M7 eluded me for a long time and I finally got to see it from beginning to end uninterrupted just last year and found it enjoyable, but I was left with a lot of questions after watching it and in some ways the plot didn't make sense. So with the orig., in a nutshell:1. Bad guys bother villagers.
2. Villagers fed up get good guys to help.
3. Good guys teach villagers to defend themselves.
4. Good guys and villagers fight off first wave of bad guys.
5. Villagers don't want good guys anymore.
6. Bad guys return, and in uncharacteristic manner, let good guys go
to town limits and give them their weapons back.
7. And here is the most puzzling - Good guys return, even though the villagers don't want them anymore, and even though their lives were spared by the bad guys, kill all the bad guys and get 4 out of 7 of themselves killed...for what?And this is the plot everyone is defending on here with the nostalgia look at the old M7 when reviewing the new M7? Pulease.Those making the claim that the orig. was SO much better, might need to see the original again. Good Movie yes (besides what I pointed out above) but it too WAY too long and the pace was just too slow. This new movie has a steady pace and easy to follow.This movie was a refreshing look @ M7, which had me hoping that they make a remake of the "Return of the M7" but seeing the money it made that probably wont happen.Solid action western you need to see. Something tells me you will enjoy it more if you didn't see the original (esp. if it has been a long time since you've seen it) without all the nostalgia :-)
The Magnificent SevenIt takes it time to set the plot and characters and doesn't offer anything after that too; it's just a film that is stretched with the compilation of different clichéd characters and the troubles they bring with it.
A pleasant surprise. This is a good solid western, a remake of the original classic which itself was an American take on the 1957 Kurusawa masterpiece. Sarsgaard isn't very imposing as the villain. Denzel is OK as are the rest of the cast. D'Onofrio is the acting standout here creating a memorable character in just a few scenes. Overviolent at times but an early standoff builds the tension nicely.Worth watching8/10