The performances transcend the film's tropes, grounding it in characters that feel more complete than this subgenre often produces.
In truth, there is barely enough story here to make a film.
The film makes a home in your brain and the only cure is to see it again.
All of these films share one commonality, that being a kind of emotional center that humanizes a cast of monsters.
Rosario Dawson's acting is so poor, it's more like a TV movie and Geoff whatever his name brings absolutely nothing to the show.
I won't go into long detail about the plot or the lack of building of the characters, but this was truly one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Katherine Heigl said she watched Glenn Close in 'Fatal Attraction' to get motivation for her character. It wasn't even close. Please don't waste two hours of your life with this. It's almost laughable it's so bad.
Some laughable parts:
1. Julia character is hard to like. Girlfriend, spit out what you want to say and stop moping!
2. When the stabbed ex bf saw Tessa, he knew it was her doing that quickly? While in pain!
3. Duh, phone missing, ring missing, watch missing, unknown phone calls. Yet they can't put 2 and 2 together.
4. Dumb police. Like it's hard to believe someone else can create a fake Facebook account?
5. After she was released with doubts from police, they found her at her fiancé ex house, dead, fiancé beaten, and they all of a sudden believe her?
6. And who stabs someone in the leg in own house and drives away?
7. Julia seems to navigate Tessa mansion pretty well, under stress much less.
8. And how did fiancé afford that house in LA!
I tried to watch this movie several times and interrupt it because I did not had the necessary mood. After a terrible day, I decided to watch it. And it was amazing! Kat is a magnificent actress and she plays Tessa so good. I simply adore her although her role is negative she is absolutely wonderful. I liked the plot, it is unexpected, you are surprised several times. I rate it 10 from 10 and this is just an amazing movie!